Tuesday, July 2, 2013

April 28th, 2012

The seventh consecutive morning waking up with severe cramps, after seven sleepless nights...

I peed on a stick... Gross... It glowed bright red plus sign, I was already a week late, so, that and the bright red, blazing plus sign, made it pretty obvious. Looooootta hCG... in the peeeeeee

Sorry, I won't talk about pee anymore...

We moved to our new house on May 31st, 2012. Kyle's best friend Dan surprised us by taking the whole week off work to come help us pack up our townhouse and unpack into our new house. I wanted so badly to tell him he was probably saving our unborn child's life... Don't lift heavy stuff! Because of Dan, I didn't have to.

June 13th, 2012
Here's her first picture:
While my mom was the first to know, everyone else knew soon after this ultrasound was taken. She was very strong, I was able to hear her heartbeat at 8 weeks! Of course, right now she was just Peanut, an it.

No morning sickness, just sleepy, but I broke out like crazy, and ate massive amounts of WAFFLES!

July 4th, 2012
I felt a flutter for the first time. I assumed I was imagining it because I thought it was too early. But as it got stronger, I realized that what felt like little muscle twitches was really a little monster inside me, getting bigger and bigger and KICKIER AND KICKIER!!!

6 months and 50 pounds later...

I get a PhD:
My mom and sister throw me a shower.
At my 39 week appointment, my blood pressure was high, and they decided to induce me. So I don't have a panicked labor story, water breaking in the middle of the night stuff. I went home, Kyle and I ate dinner, had a leisurely drive to the hospital...

I won't go into nitty gritty details about how many centimeters and water breaking grossness.

I labored for 8 hours before asking for an epidural just so I could get some sleep... then slept for 3 hours, and started pushing at 6 AM. The whole process, while not a fun picnic in the park, was not nearly as devastatingly terrifying as I thought it would be, just uncomfortable (the hospital gown, the bed, the dragging around my IV bags to go to the bathroom), jarring (the contractions), stinging (IV insertion, epidural insertion, stitches). And I don't know if my brain erased it due to adrenaline or trauma, but I don't think pushing hurt that bad either... I'm going to say this one gross thing, I apologize ahead of time... ever been really constipated? That's all it feels like, then it feels all better after about 15 minutes of really good grunting.

6 PM December 17th, 2012 - 7 AM December 18th, 2012... that's where I was.

My reward:

Wynne Bennet James
7 lb 7 oz
20.25 in

She didn't cry, her Apgar scores were awesome, 7 (1 minute old) then 9 (5 minutes old)

We laid together for over an hour, just chillin' out together, that was the best

(except for I had to get some stitches, to my memory, the most painful part of the whole experience)
So that's where we start!! And off we go!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment